As always, Bluegrass Barrels Nation came through and offered up several delicious sounding summer bourbon recipes. See below for some tasty bourbon ideas when you are yearning for bourbon, but it is 100 degrees outside!!
- Bourbon Grapefruit - 2 ounces bourbon, 2.5 ounces grapfruit juice, squeeze of lemon juice, .5 ounce simple syrup, 1.5 ounces club soda, grapefruit slice as a garnish.
- Makers Mark Champagne Mint Julep - 2 parts Makers Mark, .5 part elderflower liquor, fresh mint leaves, champagne.
- The Bourbon Buck - Bourbon, lemon & ginger ale
- Bourbon and Lemonade
- Whiskey Ricky - fresh lime, Demerara syrup, full proof Bourbon, club soda on the rocks.
- Brown Derby - Bourbon, Rosemary Honey, Grapefruit Juice.
- Brooklyn - Rye, Amaro Montenegro, Luxardo Maraschino, Bitters